All members equipped for service, growing to maturity in Christ* and continually growing more like Him, unified and doing their part for the building up of His body. (Ephesians 4:1-16) We want all members to feel valued, needed, productive and full of joy with a clear understanding of our direction and their role.
As we are transformed more into the likeness of Jesus, we believe God will add to our number (Acts 2:47). We desire all current marriages to be strong, all of our member’s children to be saved, and to witness more and more Christian marriages.
*We define maturity in Christ essentially to be: a deep and growing love for God and people demonstrated in action, and growing effectiveness in gaining followers of Jesus and equipping them to obey His commands. (The first command, second command, new command and final command).
History The Churches of Christ are part of the Christian community of churches who seek to follow the Bible. In 1825, some of the early theologian traveling preachers visited the Bloomington Church of Christ; who had been meeting together since about 1820. We mark this as the beginning of the North Central Church of Christ, as it is now known. Meetings were held in the basement of the Monroe County Courthouse. A lot was purchased on 5th Street (now Kirkwood Ave.), in May 1826. The church grew, and by 1911 a building was constructed at 4th and Lincoln Street, in Bloomington. In March 1967, the current sight at 2121 North Dunn Street, became the congregational North Central Church of Christ. Today, Clay Humphreys serves as our Pulpit Minister. Bobby Davis serves as our Student and Family Minister and Don Cross as our Outreach Minister, all under the oversight of the elders. We invite you to "come and see".